Acupuncture Complementing Cancer Treatment for Portland Patients
Acupuncture has many healing properties. Acupuncture and other forms of Traditional Chinese Medicine are known to be great complementary forms of treatment for those fighting cancer. Forms of TCM, such as acupuncture, are even used by hospitals and other health practitioners to work alongside chemotherapy.
Chemotherapy and radiation can exhaust and break down a patient’s body, so the rejuvenative properties of acupuncture and TCM are welcomed by the recipient.
Check out these reasons acupuncture is a great complementary treatment for cancer patients.
- Can help manage acute and chronic types of pain
- Acupuncture can increase your white blood cell count, which is important for fighting cancer cells
- Bolsters immune health
- Assists with managing debilitating side effects, such as vomiting, depression, weight loss and physical and mental fatigue.
- Acupuncture is a safe treatment and can be used for all ages.
- Specific methods have been created to fight cancer
- Acupuncture has been an effective form of pain management for thousands of years
For more information on how acupuncture can help you, contact our Portland area office.